For a growing and sustainable company which leads major projects in international forest restorations and carbon compensation we are currently recruiting a Finance Manager / Business Controller in Amsterdam. In this position you will manage the international external accountants and will you be responsible for all finance, investment and business controlling related matters of the international entities / projects, in and outside of Europe (3).
In this important role you will report directly to the board and you will be acting as daily sparring partner towards the Directors and external stakeholders such as investors. For our client, finance/business control is not just a support department: it is a leading, critical success factor for their international projects and needs to be taken well care of. Therefore you will ensure they are always due diligence ready and you will proactively manage forecasting, budget control, cashflow management and provide valuable insights to support further growth.
With your helicopter view, business control, deal structuring and governance knowledge you will quickly identify potential bottlenecks and initiate and oversee the implementation of improvements. You will be operational and managerial involved, will determine the daily priorities and you are end-responsible for the entire financial process and all related topics.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage, prioritize and oversee the daily operations and KPIs;
- Proactively develop, lead and evolve the most appropriate capital-intensive project finance models;
- Ensure the (international) fiscal, legal and governance policies are being well taken care of;
- Provide valuable financial- and business controlling insights towards the board, including forecasting and budgeting with a focus on cashflow management;
- Providing management information and insightful financial- and business controlling analysis about what is exactly required to achieve the objectives and the monitoring of the various P&Ls (both financial and non-financial);
- Working closely with the different (international) investment companies and actively participate in the preparation of due diligence, budgets and forecasts, while acting as a source of information for all finance-related queries;
- Manage timely the financial auditing process with the auditors and bookkeepers in all countries;
- Participate in key business initiatives and activities to support the business growth;
- Align with the accountants or other experts on in-depth (international) topics;
- End-Responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts
- Bachelor or Masters degree with a minimum of 6 years work experience in for example (corporate) Finance, M&A, PE, (alternative) Asset Management, renewable energy or related field;
- Experience with capital-intensive due diligence processes in combination with strong knowledge of project finance (PF) and/or corporate finance models;
- Focussed on high quality business control, proactive stakeholder management, timely deliverables and can easily make connections between figures and operational performances;
- Team player with strong people management skills; positive, enthusiastic and has an affinity for problem solving;
- Experience in a growing and entrepreneurial environment is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with a fluency in English and knowledge of the local Dutch legislations; a fluency in Dutch would be preferred.
Whats on offer
- A challenging, varied position within a growing and exiting sustainable and international organization;
- Working with enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together in an informal way;
- Excellent salary and secondary benefits;
- Great place to work in Amsterdam Centre with occasional travel;
- Becoming part of a market leading, innovative and sustainable company.