For a growing, international software and services company (50FTE+) we are currently recruiting a Finance Manager / Business Controller in Haarlem. In this position you will be responsible for the finance assistant, manage the external accountants and will you be responsible for all finance- and business controlling related matters of the local Dutch entity.
In this important role you will report directly to the board and you will be acting as daily sparring partner towards the Business Unit Managers and your team member. For our client, finance/business control is not just ‘a support department’: it is a critical success factor and needs to be taken well care of. Therefore you will proactively manage forecasting, budget control, cashflow management and provide valuable insights to support further growth.
With your helicopter view and business control knowledge you will quickly identify potential bottlenecks and initiate and oversee the implementation of improvements. You will be operational and managerial involved, will determine the daily priorities, coach the internal organisation and you are end-responsible for the entire financial process and all related topics.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage, prioritize and oversee the daily operations and KPI’s of the accounting team (1 FTE);
- Provide valuable financial- and business controlling insights towards the board and (international) management team, including forecasting and budgeting with a focus on cashflow management;
- Providing management information and insightful financial- and business controlling analysis about what is exactly required to achieve the objectives and the monitoring of the various departments (both financial and non-financial);
- Working closely with the different (international) operating companies and actively participate in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, while acting as a source of information for all finance-related queries;
- Manage timely the financial auditing process with the auditors and bookkeepers in all countries;
- Participate in key business initiatives and activities to support the business growth;
- Align with the accountants or other experts on in-depth (international) topics;
- End-Responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 8 years’ experience;
- Focussed high quality business control, proactive stakeholder management, timely deliverables and can easily make connections between figures and operational performances;
- Team player with strong people management skills; positive, enthusiastic and has an affinity for problem solving;
- Experience in financial- and business controller role, incl. financial auditing process;
- IT affinity; aimed at making as much use as possible of smart digital applications to further support the finance and business controlling activities;
- Experience in a growing and entrepreneurial environment is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with a fluency in Dutch and English and knowledge of the local Dutch legislations.
What’s on offer
- A challenging, varied position within a growing and exiting international organization;
- Working with enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together in an informal way
- Excellent salary and secondary benefits;
- Great place to work in Haarlem with occasional travel
- Becoming part of a market leading, innovative and sustainable company;