The Green Branch develops and promotes impactful Nature-based Solutions at scale. We do this through originating and maintaining high quality landscape restoration projects with the inclusion of local communities, driving positive impact across social, environmental and economic parameters. In this manner we seek to catalyze the Voluntary Carbon Market and similar impact credits to drive finance towards climate action and create environmental awareness. For more information: www.thegreenbranch.nl.
São Paulo area (São Paulo/Campinas/Piracicaba/others), Brazil.
The operations manager focuses primarily on the establishment and further refinement of operational structures, processes and the improvement of our workflows. A special focus will lie on project-related governance, management and the refinement of our origination process for assessing new project opportunities. You will lead teams of local operation managers and stakeholders to successfully develop landscape restoration projects. Among others, the main activities include:
- Developing project development and management sequences and processes
- Onboarding of new projects for development;
- Leading company-level operations and internal communication processes;
- Refining project budgeting, progress tracking and data collection procedures;
- Supervising and overseeing local project managers and subcontractors;
- Assessing, selecting and applying new tools and other opportunities for improving operations;
- Supporting the technical team in developing and applying Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and impact assessment procedures;
- Supporting the technical team in evaluating potential new project areas on their suitability;
- Supporting the technical team in acquiring and developing project documentation relevant to project certification.
- Supporting the management in HR related questions and tasks;
- Training staff members on new procedures;
- Attending conferences and industry events.
Profile and skills:
- Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience;
- Communication skills: you are confident/near native with the English language and rely on open and clear communication. English is a must;
- Organizational skills: managing workflows is natural for you and you are target oriented;
- Time-management skills: targets must be reached as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Strategic skills: you can handle the responsibility of making strategic decisions and have a long-term view;
- Cultural sensitivity: you are comfortable and respectful in working with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
- Financial management skills: budgeting and financial modeling is a second nature;
- You are a systems-thinker: able to bring together different stakeholders with different perspectives and to manage complexity
- Understanding of Voluntary Carbon Market is a pre;
- Experience in sustainable agriculture, landscape restoration and/or international development is a pre;
- Drive and self-motivation: if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right and big! We are looking for highly motivated people that want to be on the forefront of battling the climate crisis.
- A place in a fast growing start-up with the sole objective of making real change and creating a positive impact on climate, the environment and communities;
- Room to develop yourself professionally and build experience;
- Working in an international team;
- Wage compliant with your experience;
- The position is for full time employment (1.0 FTE);
- The position is open from February 2023.
For more information, please contact Gijs ter Kuile via [email protected] or +31 (0)85 0470 440