As Software Development Manager you lead, inspire and develop (multiple) international software development teams within iChoosr. As part of the Product Team, you and your team deliver solutions according to the product innovation roadmap and work in close collaboration with the product managers, design & data. At iChoosr, your technical skills, affinity with architectural choices and dare to mentality, can lead to the best innovations.
Welcome to the world of iChoosr
We are iChoosr, a young and growing international company with about 115 colleagues who work spread across the Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, United States, Japan and Poland.
We view the world through the eyes, hearts and minds of people. Therefore we are focused on bringing sustainable, future proof and cost effective solutions to our customers and business partners. By researching what motivates people and what holds them back, we develop a deep understanding of what is needed to get people moving when they are confronted with markets and/or processes which they perceive as complex. We call this Engaging Humans and we consider it our core competence.
We use this competence to develop and execute smooth customer journeys that help large numbers of consumers to get moving and navigate through these complex markets and/or processes, with a focus on accelerating the energy transition. Our digital platform enables us to connect all stakeholders involved and to achieve all their ambitions and ours.
Since our start in 2008 we have successfully facilitated the customer journey for more than 130.000 rooftop solar- and storage installations and for more than 2,3M renewable energy contracts. The majority of these results have been achieved in Europe and now we are also growing rapidly in the US and in Japan. Our offerings will expand to other energy transition products and services like heat pumps and home insulation.
With our proven track record and valuable partnerships (including Vereniging Eigen Huis, Cities of London, Houston, Tokyo,), we are well positioned to play an impactful role in the energy transition of many households in the markets where we are active. We really activate consumers to make steps on this complex matter and with our human centred and data driven capabilities, we are ready to grow further.
What will be your role?
As a Software Development Manager you take ownership for the technical realisation of the platform to support our expanding ambition. Your teams and their members are self-organising and are able to integrate relevant (make or buy) solutions and apply technological innovations.
Next to growing the platform, you ensure that all software quality issues related to development, integration, testing and performance of application are managed. We can rely on you to:
- Lead the software development team, manage the different teams (distributed over Belgium, The Netherlands and Poland) and mentor where needed
- Define, execute and communicate the overall technical strategy and roadmap to support the functional needs, including proper privacy & security levels and maintenance of the existing platform
- Ensure infrastructure to facilitate product development (tools, methodology, architecture
and technology, security, maturity measurements, product metrics, APIs and UX)
- Initiate and implement effective software development methodologies and processes and ensure software is developed according to standards and recommended designs
- Drive innovation on both technical and functional level
- Participate in formulating technical vision and goals for iChoosr
- Help the teams develop themselves by setting team objectives, and doing regular check-ins and feedback dialogues
- Identify learning needs and personal development plans of team members, conduct career aspiration dialogue
- Be involved with talent acquisition: vacancy request handling, involvement in recruitment process and presenting iChoosr as an attractive employer for interested candidates.
Who do you work with?
Around 20 software developers in your team (located in Antwerp, Amsterdam, Warsaw & Wroclaw) including the Head of Projects who takes care of the teams daily operations. Together with the product managers, design/UX and data experts, you form the product team and report to the Chief Product Officer. You develop a close working relationship with them in which you challenge and inspire each other. Other stakeholders include the experts in the Human Engagement team (Behaviour, Consumer eXperience & Marketing) and the business teams.
Who are you?
- Youre a skilled, empathic leader with a strategic mindset and broad experience in the software development process
- You have experience with improving processes and agile working methods
- Youre experienced in leading software development teams, preferably in an international environment
- You have a systematic and well-organised way of working, you define clear priorities and plans, are proactive and have analytical skills
- Youre able to act immediately and take decisions when required
- Youre social and motivated to find a solution to problems and challenges together with colleagues and stakeholders
- You can create an environment that is stimulating, creative and where people get space to develop and grow.
- Experience in managing and developing software teams and team members
- Higher education (minimum bachelor degree)
- Proven ability to change and adapt to new demands and expectations of your role
- State of the art understanding of relevant technological innovations and the capability to implement them (let us know if you want more details)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Willingness to travel between Antwerp and Amsterdam (about one day per 2 weeks) and Poland (about one time each quarter)
What does iChoosr offer you?
- A challenging position within a professional and growing international organization
- A pleasant and inspiring workplace in the centre of Amsterdam or Antwerp
- Possibility to work from home for a limited part of your
- Room for personal development and career opportunities
- Enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together informally
- A competitive salary and benefits package