This sales role is an exciting opportunity to take LUMICKS groundbreaking technology and create a market for the first time in the territory. You will be part of the DSM (dynamic single-molecule) and CA (cell avidity) teams that are responsible for commercializing the DSM optical tweezer products which include the C-Trap® and m-Trap® instruments and reagents as well as the z-Movi® Cell Avidity Analyzer. LUMICKS is looking for an individual who lives and breathes sales of complex capital equipment and is able to create a brand new market for us in this uncharted territory. You are expected to work very closely with your local Field Application Scientist to technically qualify opportunities in your sales pipeline.
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
- Develop the strategy and tactics for commercial success in the territory.
- Research potential customers to understand how LUMICKS products will impact their work.
- Prospect for new customers using all possible techniques including phone calls, emails, social media, networking with a strong determination and will to win.
- Qualify new sales opportunities and create a customer mobilizer to work for you inside the account.
- Work closely with your Field Application Scientist to technically qualify sales opportunities to remove competition and ensure opportunities are easy to forecast.
- Own the sales cycle from start to finish and coordinate company resources to enable you to achieve your goals in the shortest possible time scale.
- Maintain continuous positive relationships with current customers to ensure their success and to generate a positive impression of LUMICKS products in the market.
- Attend regular conferences and trade shows to network, show off LUMICKS technologies, generate leads, and showcase the company as novel, innovative and groundbreaking.
- Provide feedback from the field to sales management about market dynamics and product performance to foster our thirst for continuous improvement and market alignment.
What about my skills & competencies?
- 3+ years of experience in selling complex capital equipment.
- Strong ability to understand customers and create insights that mobilize customer activity.
- MSc or PhD, in an appropriate (molecular/biological) life science field, preferred.
- Working and in-depth knowledge of the life science research market and the key accounts in the assigned territory.
- Knowledge and training in techniques used to sell complex capital equipment such as Challenger Selling, Spin Selling, Consultative Selling, or Miller Heiman.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor.
- Motivated, self-driven, goal-oriented, energetic work ethic, and an outstanding team player.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Ability and interest to travel extensively.
- Travel requirement 40%.
LUMICKS has come to market as the supplier of instruments for dynamic single-molecule and cell avidity research – a rapidly evolving niche in the fundamental biology research field. Our high-performance instruments allow for the investigation into the fundamental cause of disease and potential for drug optimization. With our tools researchers can visualize and quantify the interactions between proteins and DNA in real-time, and perform high-throughput screening of molecular and cell-cell interactions using sound waves.
We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: To improve human health by unlocking dynamic single-molecule and cell avidity analysis. With an ever-increasing adoption of our technologies by leading institutes and biotech’s from all over the world, including UC Berkeley, Max-Planck, Rockefeller University and Takeda Pharmaceuticals, LUMICKS is now expanding its team.