As a member of the International Expansion Team, you will be responsible for the expansion of our regional operations as we enter new markets including internal scaling and external growth. This includes supporting the creation of a multi-level strategic plan that helps us grow in other countries and implementing this strategy in a new region. You will be supporting the International Expansion Manager in a very dynamic and hands-on role, so the ability to communicate, prioritize and multi-task while considering both bigger and smaller picture thinking are very important, as you will always be wearing many hats at all times in a fast paced environment.
uButler is a modern, growing organization that offers a 24/7 digital relocation service to Global Employees who need to find their way in a new country. Our Relocation Assistants, who work under the alias ‘Sophie’, help our Global Employees by making their relocation as smooth as possible. From opening a new bank account or taking out health insurance to arranging personal matters, such as finding a house or choosing a suitable hobby. Our local knowledge, service orientation and drive, in combination with a smart system, ensures that Global Employees have completely found their way in their new environment within a few weeks!
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the leadership and International Expansion team to build out and deliver on a high-level strategy and roadmap for expansion to new regions
- Support with recruitment in new markets and attend meetings with existing and prospective partnerships internationally
- Build expertise and a network in the global mobility industry and be aware of market developments within new regions and within our client and partnership base
- Together with the International Expansion Manager and all internal departments you will ensure that all aspects and requirements of pre and post launch are adhered to and aligns with our existing markets
- No day is the same, so for example, one day you may be participating in interviews for a new hire based in San Diego, preparing our internal knowledge systems structure for expansion to Paris and meeting with our Product team to prepare a launch of Toronto within our systems and tools and the next day filled with completely new and different challenges.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional work experience in operations and/or project management
- You have excellent communication and project management skills including the ability to prioritize, multi task and have a high level of organization & structure, ownership and accountability
- You are proactive with a degree of independence and eager to contribute new ideas and solutions, and have an internal drive to contribute to the company’s success
- You are flexible and love working in a structured environment and are able to help with taking ambiguous or unknown concepts and turning it into scalable defined processes and outcomes
- You are immensely excited about our services and eager to get an understanding of the relocation industry
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy getting your hands dirty in an incredibly fast paced environment and role
- You fit in at a rapidly growing, largely informal, modern organization, and can handle a significant amount of responsibility and have the ability to think along
- You are fluent in English and ideally have lived in other countries before and therefore understand how an adjustment period is when living abroad
- You currently live in Amsterdam or surrounding areas
What’s in it for you
- A full time contract
- A company laptop and phone
- Classpass discount
- A subscription to Swapfiets!
- A desk at a co-working space in Amsterdam
- A bunch of fun activities with your coworkers such as sporting events or company drinks with your team!
- Being part of a young, energetic, and goofy team, who are always in for some great jokes!