As a Country Manager you will be the main contact for our uButler team for anything related to Berlin and Germany and be responsible for growing our local team and our operations further as we continue to scale. You will align with our Dutch and international internal stakeholders with either building or maintaining processes and local knowledge and ensuring these are reflected in our internal databases. And, you will work directly with some of our local partners and suppliers as well to maintain those relationships and reflect their needs in our internal systems. Additionally, you will be supporting the expansion of our regional operations with your innovative ideas and excitement for knowledge, operations and structural changes and entrepreneurial spirit!
What you’ll be doing
- Be responsible for the maintenance and growth of the region of Germany’s knowledge databases and local suppliers and operational impacts
- Use your expertise and experience to structurally discover and develop new opportunities for improvement and align with your global counterparts
- Attend meetings with existing and prospective suppliers both digitally and on-site
- Research and process a lot of information to simplify into an easy user experience for both internal and external use
- Build expertise in the relocation industry and be aware of market developments
- Together with all internal stakeholders you will be ensuring consistent alignment across all regions and that German content is updated regularly, while also supporting the scaling and launch of Berlin and other German regions in the future.
- Thinking outside of the box to improve, build and implement new strategies and visions into our German expansion!
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of professional work experience in operations and/or project management
- Someone who is excited to research and be resourceful and to translate complex bureaucratic processes and local information into user friendly streamlined processes
- You have excellent communication skills and are familiar with living in Berlin and/or previously in other German cities
- You are proactive with a degree of independence and eager to contribute new ideas and solutions, and have an internal drive to contribute to the company’s success and you have entrepreneurial spirit!
- You are immensely excited about our services and eager to get an understanding of the relocation industry
- You fit in at a rapidly growing, largely informal, modern organization, and can handle a significant amount of responsibility and have the ability to think along and outside of the box
- You are fluent in English and German (our internal communications are always in English and you will need German in order to connect with suppliers)
- You live in Amsterdam or surrounding areas but are open to very frequent travel to Berlin or you are based in Germany but love being in Amsterdam often; our company headquarters is in Amsterdam so you will be also comfortable with internal company meetings primarily being virtual apart from when you are traveling to our HQ.
What’s in it for you
- A Full time contract
- A company laptop and phone
- Classpass discount
- A subscription to Swapfiets!
- A desk at a co-working space in Berlin
- Room for own initiatives and improvements
- A bunch of fun activities with your coworkers such as sporting events or company drinks with your team!
- Being part of a young, energetic, and goofy team, who are always in for some great jokes!