TIP is a leading equipment service provider. With years of experience, we are experts in providing all services that a customer will require during the life cycle of a trailer, tanker or other type of equipment, making us a one-stop shop for all our customers equipment needs.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service our customers from 128 locations spread over 18 countries in Europe and Canada.
TIP Insight is our range of telematics-based digital and connected services that takes trailer telematics to the next level. If you would like to know the whereabouts of your trailers but also to report on their health, then TIP Insight can help. TIP Insight consists of a device fitted to a trailer, optional sensors and a user-friendly platform to provide information for the user. TIP Insight launched in 2020 and currently has 25,000 assets connected across Europe with a target of 65,000 connected assets by 2025.
TIPs fleet management tool, FleetRadarTM supports our customers by helping to improve efficiency and manage their entire fleet at one glance. Due to its comprehensive visibility and the full access to the assets, data and compliance documents, daily planning processes can be optimized. Readily available offerings include continuous mileage management in relation to leasing and rental, TPMS-enabled tyre servicing, KPI-based contract maintenance, and telematics as a rental product (track and trace, reefer and/or EBS monitoring data services as an add-on).
New data products to be introduced are envisioned around new form of mobility solutions (pay-per-use, PPK, fleet pooling, asset sharing) and predictive maintenance (EBPMS in the UK, breakdown avoidance, fuel efficiency, fleet-level TCO optimisation).
The Insight Operations Manager for TIPs digital & connected services will be responsible for the entire order to delivery process including both the retrofitting of existing assets at TIP workshops and the installation of new assets on production lines at manufacturer locations. Additional responsibilities include the tracking of installed assets across the regions and ensuring that all hardware is activated in accordance with the implementation of TIPs connected and digital business plan. Working in close collaboration with the Insight Operations Leader for asset intelligence and carry mutual responsibility for the overall success of the business line.
This role is based at our Global HQ in Amsterdam (partial remote working is of course possible), and youll be part of an exciting team, reporting to the Insight Operations Leader and working closely with the Insight Commercial Leader and regional operational management.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Joint responsible for the P&L as defined in the budget and annual budget planning.
- Jointly responsible for managing the relations with our fleet management platform and fleet-wide deployment partner. This includes coordinating the overall governance such as contract performance, programme management and steering committee reviews; formulating, resourcing and implementing co-development and co-innovation programmes;
- Jointly responsible for developing marketing alliances or technical collaborations with relevant 3rd-party fleet management and telematics systems providers in order to sustain our open platform approach and address our mixed fleet challenge.
- Manage and lead the hardware and asset pairing in accordance with TIP policies and procedures
- Ensure ownership of an end-to-end process in hardware and asset pairing, improve process & interface controls to speed up actuals delivery in an accurate manner
- Build, document and continuously improve operational processes supporting installation of hardware in both retro-fit and OEM streams
- Build, document and continuously improve operational processes supporting installed hardware on multi-device and legacy streams
- Lead operational reviews with each region including progress updates and communication
- Lead operational reviews with telematics partner including progress updates and communication
- Lead business initiatives and project teams across Europe and Canada focused on achieving operational excellence to drive growth
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders including regional offices and HQ functions in Amsterdam
- Responsibility of the Insight Service desk, including personnel management, training and KPI / SLA management
- Design and implement training material for operations, service deliver staff & mechanics
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post the list is not exhaustive, and duties may need to change in the light of future developments or from time to time as directed by your supervisor or manager.
- 8+ years of experience in Operations
- Strong leader with ability to motivate, engage and promote new ideas.
- Understanding of Quality methodologies: excellent project management across all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Thorough knowledge of working with financial systems/applications
- Experience of using a recognised project methodology.
- A solid track record of delivering projects in a complex Pan-European organisation and technical environment.
- Excellent organisation, problem solving, communication, prioritisation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
- Proven ability to negotiate, present and communicate with senior business leaders
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the European Union
- Fluent in English
- Any other European language a distinct advantage.
- Experience in drawing insights from data and visualisation of data
- Team player, able to work closely with peers to reach common goals