Will you become our new native Japanese Project Manager?
iChoosr is challenging, encouraging and supporting Japanese society to realize real progress in the area of sustainability by scaling the number of residential solar panel installations.
As we are strongly growing the number of sustainable group buying projects in Japan we are looking for a native Japanese Project Manager to strengthen our Amsterdam based Japanese team. This team is responsible for managing and executing all operational and improvement activities on our ICT platform and for all our digital communications to support our group buying projects in Japan.
Welcome to the world of iChoosr
We are a young, growing, international, privately owned company. Since our start in 2008 we have grown into an organization with over 130 colleagues who work across Japan, the Netherlands, Belgium, the UK, Poland and the US.
Our mission is to accelerate the energy transition. We do this by organizing group buying projects for sustainable products such as rooftop solar & storage installations.
We are a human centered, meaning that in everything we do, we look at the world through the eyes, hearts and minds of humans. This allows us to create the ideal customer journey for both consumers and our partners on our digital platform.
Since our start we have helped more than 170.000 people install solar on their roof and generate their own renewable electricity. Last year we realized over 30.000 installations and this year we expect to further increase this number.
Five years ago we started our activities in Japan. From our Ebisu office, a growing team of 20 colleagues organizes solar panel & battery installation buying projects. They do this in close collaboration with colleagues who are based in our central offices in Amsterdam (like our team) and Warsaw.
We always organize our group purchasing programs together with local partners which we call community leaders. Community leaders are organizations known and trusted by consumers as standing on their side, like prefectures, cities, wards or coops. The trust of consumers in the community leader is used to give consumers confidence to participate in our group buying programs on a large scale. We always strive to build trusted long-term relationships with community leaders as we are convinced this is crucial in order to realize long term success. Many community leaders cooperate already for many years with iChoosr, in Europe some already over 10 years.
Examples of community leaders in Japan with whom we collaborate to help them achieve their sustainability goals are Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Chiba Prefecture, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama City, Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto City, Osaka Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Nagano Prefecture and Hokkaido Prefecture.
What will your role be?
You will be responsible for operational and improvement activities on our ICT-platform and for all digital communications like emails and webinars which support our group buying projects.
As most of our work is project based, the project steps are always 1) prepare the project with all colleagues and stakeholders, 2) execute the project and 3) evaluate the project on what we have learned and can do better next time. The focus is on preparing the projects as much as we can, so that the execution phase runs as smoothly as possible.
You will often act as a bridge between the Japanese colleagues in Tokyo and the rest of the organization. Helping both teams to better understand the situation of the other and smoothen the cooperation in order to optimize the cooperation and the result.
Who will you work with?
- With your 3 team members in our Amsterdam office, all native Japanese;
- With your colleagues from the iChoosr Tokyo office like the Country Manager, the Project Managers, the Installer Managers, the Marketing team and the Customer Service team;
- Colleagues from the central iChoosr offices who are responsible for preparing and managing our platform, software development, data analytics, customer experience, campaigning and digital design.
Who are you?
- You are planful, organised and detail-focused in your approach, ensuring clarity and follow through regarding the steps and processes needed to deliver projects on time and budget You are a career-minded, flexible and stress-tolerant. You think its a game to solve minor ICT issues yourself. Your mindset for a career is important that youd not mind overtime work every now and then
- You are a self-starter, goal oriented and sufficiently assertive to challenge peoples thinking in a respectful and constructive way
- You are a team player who easily works and communicates with colleagues and stakeholders from different teams and with different backgrounds
- While being interested in change and innovation, you are pragmatic and operationally focused in your approach to work, focusing on the delivery of projects and continuous improvement of processes and systems
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable working with different IT systems (no programming skills required)
- You have working experience in Japan and Europe (at least 3 years each), and preferably also working experience with non-Japanese colleagues
- Ideally (but not mandatory) you have working experience in online and/or offline marketing, BtoC and/or customer support
- You have a university-level degree
- You are a native Japanese speaker and easily communicate well in English (verbal and written). Dutch is a plus but not required
What does iChoosr offer you?
- A challenging, varied position within a growing and exiting international organization
- Working with enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together in an informal way
- Opportunity to develop yourself and to grow with the company
- Flexible and pleasant working environment in the heart of Amsterdam with occasional travel to Tokyo.
- A competitive salary (depending on experience) with 25 vacation days per year, a laptop and a telephone
Are you exited?
If this position at iChoosr suits you, we would love to hear from you! Send us your motivation and resume to [email protected] or call +31 (0) 6 255 244 33. If you have any questions, we are happy to answer them. A no-obligation Google Meet or telephone call is quickly arranged.