For a growing, international software and services company (100FTE+) we are currently recruiting a part-time Financial Controller in Amsterdam. In this position you will be responsible for all finance controlling related matters of the local Dutch entities and the international operating companies in and outside Europe (5). You will work closely together with your internal colleagues (4) as well as the external partners such as the accountants in the different countries.
In this important role you will oversee the international day-to-day financial operations and will report directly to the Finance Manager. For our client, finance is not just ‘a support department’: it is a critical success factor and needs to be taken well care of. You will be acting as daily sparring partner towards the international team and will be end-responsible for all financial controlling activities.
With your helicopter view and financial control knowledge you will quickly identify potential bottlenecks and initiate and oversee the implementation of improvements. You will proactively manage forecasting, budget control, cashflow management and provide valuable insights to support further growth.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for optimizing the (international) controlling activities incl. reporting, processes and systems;
- Provide valuable financial insights regarding forecast, budgeting, management information and other financial analysis;
- Take the lead and manage timely the financial auditing process with the auditors and bookkeepers in all countries;
- Optimize and professionalize the financial department leading to efficiency and effectiveness improvements;
- Working closely with the different (international) operating companies and actively advising on a wide variety of financial and tax related topics;
- Align with the accountants or other experts on in-depth (international) topics;
- Follow up on the realization of synergies and other value adding plans within the company;
- Participate in key business initiatives and activities to support the business growth;
- Responsible for all monthly and annual accounts incl. statutory reporting, audits and compliance.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Focussed on high quality, proactive stakeholder management, timely deliverables;
- Team player with people skills; positive, enthusiastic and has an affinity for problem solving;
- Experienced with handling IFRS, tax, accounting and other financial control topics;
- Experience in a growing and entrepreneurial environment is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills with a fluency in English;
- Available approx. 3 days a week
What’s on offer
- A challenging, varied position within a growing and exiting international organization;
- Working with enthusiastic, sincere and smart colleagues who work together in an informal way;
- Excellent salary and secondary benefits;
- Great place to work in Amsterdam Centre with occasional travel;
- Becoming part of a market leading, innovative and sustainable company.
For more information, please contact [email protected] or call +31 85 0470 440